Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mere Paas Ma Hai. Aur Baap Bhi. Dono Kuch Kaam Ke Nahin


The doorbell rings.
Ding-Dong.
It's the kid returning from play.

Indoors -
Me: Get the door, no?
He: I'm watching TV, you go na please!
Me: But I'm working...
He: Ok. You get the door this time; I'll get it the next.
Me: But I got the door the last 20 times (random number conjured for effect). Your turn now at least?
He: *grins broadly, making no movement indicative of getting up*

Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong.

Me: I'm not going. *stuffs face into laptop again*
He: Haha! This movie is hilarious! You should watch too!
Me: I'll watch, after you get the door.

Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong.

Me: *shouts to be heard through the door* Wait, boy, daddy's coming!
He: *shouts louder* No no, mamma will open it. Wait a sec!

Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong. Ding-Dong.

Me: Hmph. Fine! I'll go! And I don't like you, ok?
He:  Hehe. Thanks, you're the best. :)
Me:  x-(

So I grudgingly drag my feet and go open the door, and there stands....empty space?

Me: Uff! See what you did? Now he's gone off again!
He: He'll come back.
Me: Go look for him and bring him back.
He: He'll be back when he's hungry...arre, don't worry!
Me: Grr.
He: Come watch the movie with me. It's really funny!
Me: *contemplates* oh, ok. I'm too tired to work anyways.
He: Let's hope he takes his time coming back. I want to watch this peacefully till the end.
Me: I know! Me too. :)

No, it can't be easy being a kid in this house. But the survival skills you learn are superlative.

11 comments:

  1. tring tring - phone is ringing ya

    she: why ya

    me: from com to in

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh, poda! i don't like the return of lord of the trings. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd always thought women ruled the house... But here the man has his say too! :P

    Lets hope he doesn't have trouble coming in for him! ;)

    And meanwhile good for the kid! ;) He gets to stay out longer! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a hilarious couple! Poor Sid..:)
    It reminds me of a time when Linda and I sat around, arguing who'd kill the cockroach slowly inching its way past the wall--she nose deep in a book, I with my hand deep in a bottle of jam...

    ... obviously the roach survived. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha!!! too good, leena!! hilarious!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chellsie... :P Better be ware of his home work and the 3 revisions rule! ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha!!! i see i've drilled that 3-revision rule into your head pretty well!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! You sure have! Two weeks before every exam it starts haunting me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pri, awesome...love the way you narrated it..God bless the sweet couple..

    ReplyDelete