Saturday, May 28, 2011

Glass Butterflies


It’s been long enough.

And now,
Simply

Enough.

I open my fist
To release captured moments...

Of a car ride in the pouring April rain
A walk alongside a lake at dawn
Of silence shared, understood,
And screaming joy at the park...

Street food on moist evenings,
Those fragile,
Glass butterflies in November...
The shadow across your face,
A point of no return,
And that lingering, last embrace.

They fly out
Like fireflies...
Twinkling erratically,
Before claimed
By the darkness.

I turn around
And walk beyond the place
Where our lives touched briefly,
Without regret,
With no more pain.

I think of you one last time.

Every time. 

5 comments:

  1. I think of you one last time.

    Every time.

    :) :) :)
    Its the same story every day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! don't i know that?! ;)
    but don't worry...this too shall pass (and all that jazz!):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hope that something good happens...
    I don't like the current turn of events...

    ReplyDelete