Monday, August 23, 2010

Divergence


My love,
You’ve come to meet me
And at first I wonder why,
And then I know
What I have to do
As we're standing here awhile...

Words left unsaid then,
Want to be spoken
And explained,
But the distance
Is so much easier to bear
If only silences remained...

You might breathe easy
And heave a sigh
When I leave and go away,
But I’ll finally exhale,
When I hold back nothing,
When I weep and plead and say...

That I only want
My heart back
‘Coz it just didn’t seem fair
That you keep mine
And keep yours too,
And leave me with despair.

Maybe you’ll return my pride
And the happiness
That you stole in stages.
Then maybe I could slowly
Erase the pain
From distant memory’s pages...

Today I’ll be gone
And the precious feeling
Forever laid to rest,
But if it’s not treasured
And returned with love,
Then maybe it’s for the best.

But you’ll be left
With an empty space
Where my heart once used to be
And then you’ll begin to feel the absence
Of the love that I
Take back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment