Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Art of Warfare

The way to a man’s heart has always been through his stomach, I know, but sometimes, given a guy’s penchant for indecision, this route seems fairly fraught with trouble too! Especially when the guy in question is your five year old li’l boy.

My pride and joy, one fine day, concludes that I’m slacking way too much in the culinary department, and decides to take matters into his own little hands. So he comes up to me, and with some hostility announces that he’s had enough of me taking short-cuts with meals and calling French toast and pancakes dinner, and that if he needs to become strong like them power rangers, he needs to eat chicken and atleast two types of vegetables every day. For the briefest moment, I wonder if the big guy had been coaching him with this little speech, but then change my mind. He quite follows the stomach to heart rule without much ado.


So, I stare incredulously at my brat for a full minute, allow some mental wheels to turn, click into place and then with a big grin, agree to help him turn into ranger material. He scoots, with a bigger grin plastered on his impish face! As far as he knows, he’s won the battle. And all this drama because he hates eggs in any form, even in pancakes! Go figure!


Thus begins the veggie onslaught at A-102! You name it, and I cook it! But like I already know, while I’m quite the wizard (albeit lazy and uninspired) with cooking foodies, there’s only so much veggies a five year old can take.

Two days and five different vegetable preparations later, said little boy returns. Oozing confidence, he informs me that he’s had enough vegetables to give him ranger muscle power, thank you very much, and if I so wish, I may now make pancakes and French toast again. Ask him if he’s sure he doesn’t want more veggies, especially greens, and he’s quick to tell me that he’s sufficiently nourished to last a year. (Yes, for the tiny mite that he is, he does use rather big words)


Yes, I do wish. And I agree.

So maybe every now 'n then, we gals ought to stop and let the guys win a few battles before we subtly win the war.

And what’s for dinner tonight, you ask? I dunno. I’m having trouble deciding between take-out, ordering-in and driving thru…

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Very true:)
    But when have you won any of those battles with my lil' boyfriend?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hurt you:(
    Didn't mean it that way...
    Get well soon from the wound...;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. arreeeeey! was kidding yaar! :D
    thnx! crazy thing's gotten swollen again after y'day...guess who dragged me to play? haaan?! :P
    ps-today? der will be cake. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh he gets cuter by the day! =)
    BTW akku, ur veggies look crazy yummy!!!!...esp the drumsticks one! Miss u and ur cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuter? try naughtier!!!
    ya, i so totally rock, don't i?! ;) hahaha
    miss u too! lots!

    ReplyDelete