Friday, February 12, 2010

Friendship




It is indeed a universal truth that like poles repel while unlike poles attract each other. Three people from three different corners of the country were put together because of that one beautiful place called home. It felt like this friendship was just meant to be.


I met Priya and Purvi in the summer of 2008. It’s funny and bizarre how the three of us gelled well immediately. We had nothing much in common. Our religion, native place, personal interests, taste in guys, even ages are different. Purvi and I are both Gemini and Priya, a Scorpio, balances us.
In spite of conspicuously contrasting tastes we get along like a house on fire. Between the three of us, we don’t know what embarrassment is. We believe in enjoying ourselves and very selfishly do only that. With Priya and Purvi I can never worry about what the world shall think about me. It feels like we were just put together in the same place and accidentally, we bonded well. Maybe we were just meant to be friends.
I have never opened up to anyone until I met them. Whenever I pause for a second and look back at the past the very first thought that comes to my mind is of Priya and Purvi.

I don’t remember most of my experiences before 2008. Maybe I learnt how to enjoy the journey called life after I met these fantastic people.

In times high and low they’ve been there for me ALWAYS!!!

We’re like three differently shaped and colored fridge magnets sticking to a common surface called ‘The Woods’. Try as you might we just cannot be separated. We may be miles apart but we’re still tied together by a strong bond.

 

After all, isn’t this what a great friendship is all about?


_________________

Vianca Damani


10 comments:

  1. "We’re like three differently shaped and colored fridge magnets sticking to a common surface called ‘The Woods’." - Outstanding lines, takes the cake. Very well done. See this what I call writing, which comes out directly from the heart, knows no bound. Feelings takes the shape of words, and words form those magical lines and in the end... you have a great write up.
    Learn Pri Learn. Vianca you deserve a treat for this, from Priya and HalfV. Next week our headquarters "Polka Dots" I am invited. Coz I'll be there next week. See you guys then. And Vianca keep writing. :D Kudos
    My rating 4.5/5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww this is sooo cool to read...I shed a few tears too...just wish good luck for you three love it ....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ sho...u coming? seriously? yipeee!!! :D i see more 'idlicious' and 'high on grass' instances in my crystal ball!!! mauj!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ ren...luck. i could do with luck. lots and lots of it infact...
    thankieees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shoumik!
    Its good to hear that you're coming...
    Thanks a ton for the compliments...
    It just encourages me to write more...
    But we shouldn't forget our dearest editor friend who helped me put my thoughts in words...
    Thanks Priya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey thats amazing relly impress with ur writting
    u can be a substantial writer
    just improve on the flow
    i hope u dont mind me saying that
    chal keep doing .....
    i wonder that u might not write a artical on me someday !!!!!!!!1
    hahah
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok now I know why I failed to make our editor friend write. She passed all my encouragement to make her write to you. hahaha very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Prishid!
    Thanks for telling me... I'll work on it for the next one...
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi dear.. its gud 2 know how well u express ur feelings... gud job via!!! i can see a gr8 writer in my darling sis!!!... :)

    ReplyDelete