Friday, January 15, 2010

Look What's Cookin'!

Those who know me also know the kind of resistance I put up when it comes to the kitchen. Don't get me wrong. I'm quite the foodie person. But talk about cooking, and you'll see me run. (Though I'll admit I'm really, really good at cooking up excuses to...ahem...not cook!)

This is why I have people around me, who make up for my lack of enthusiasm in the culinary department, and keep me happy with their skills. (Focus! We're talking culinary skills here!)
God bless them all!

Here's a recipe my friend Brian cooked up. He claims it's amazing. Easy too. Hmm...worth a try, no?

Calamari stuffed with Rice and Drizzled with White Wine and Cream
  • Get a wide pan and drizzle some olive oil into it
  • Clean up some calamaris (Remove the outer skin and the heads, and the ink of course) and stuff some cooked pulav rice into the cavities
  • Place the stuffed calamari on the pan and sprinkle some chopped onions around it
  • Drizzle some more olive oil over the calamaris and onions
  • Add some white wine to top that
  • Add some cream over all these wonderful things and sprinkle on some oregano and thyme
  • Stuff the pan into the oven for 20 minutes to cook at 180°C. Bring it out and the pan should be empty in no time!
Recipe courtesy of Brian Moses from DreamCatcher - http://www.dreamcatcher.co.in/

Apparently, a Swedish lady cooked the dish on a boat, during one of Brian's travels! The sky, the sea, the wine and some calamaris. What more can you ask for?! (Hmm...I'll admit i have some ideas there...!)

So guys, try this...and call me over for dinner! I'll bring my appetite along for company! ;)


2 comments: